Still delighted with Daggers efforts
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted with his side s hard-fought point at AFC Bournemouth last night.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted with his side's hard-fought point at AFC Bournemouth last night.
Although Daggers dropped down to fourth in the table as a result of Rotherham's 2-0 win over Lincoln City, Still felt his side were worthy of a draw and might even have snatched victory.
"It was a tough game, conditions were difficult for both teams and it was probably an even contest," said the boss, who was without Mark Arber, Stuart Thurgood and Josh Scott.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought we might have had the better chances, especially in the second half, but it was a good, strong performance.
"I was really pleased as we've got some of our big hitters out at the moment. It has tested our squad, but that is two away games without conceding a goal now."
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
New signing Darren Currie came in for his first start, and Still reserved praise for the winger, along with defender Scott Doe, who is revelling in his preferred position at centre-half.
"Darren had his first game for us and looked like he has been playing all season," said the manager.
"He had that little bit of quality, but I don't think he is as fit as he can be yet either, as he hasn't had much football recently.
"We defended ever so well too. Mark Arber has been out for a couple of games, Will Antwi missed a game, but Scott Doe has come in and been absolutely outstanding for us."
If you would like to comment on this story, email: email@example.com
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.