Still delighted with Folly capture
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted to recruit Plymouth Argyle midfielder Yoann Folly on a month s loan.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted to recruit Plymouth Argyle midfielder Yoann Folly on a month's loan.
The move, which was exclusively revealed on the Post website yesterday morning, was confirmed in the afternoon and the Togo international should now go into the squad for Saturday's clash with Grimsby Town.
"He's a very good player, he's six-foot, he can pass the ball and tackle too," said Still of his new recruit who started his career at St Etienne, before costing Southampton �250,000 where he played 12 times in the Premier League.
"He was a Paul Sturrock signing, but not in (Paul) Mariner's plans. I saw him when I first watched Damien and we wanted to sign him, but he was out of my bracket.
"He wanted to come to London though and Plymouth were impressed with the way we did the deal for Damien, as we never spoke to him before getting permission.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 10 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
"The one thing we have always done at this club is go about a deal the right way, and it's nice to be rewarded.
“We also aren’t sure on the situation with Marlon Pack as Portsmouth might want him back in two weeks time.
"They might be forced to loan players out and then they need Marlon, so it was important we got Yoann in."
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road