Still delighted with Folly capture
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted to recruit Plymouth Argyle midfielder Yoann Folly on a month s loan.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still was delighted to recruit Plymouth Argyle midfielder Yoann Folly on a month's loan.
The move, which was exclusively revealed on the Post website yesterday morning, was confirmed in the afternoon and the Togo international should now go into the squad for Saturday's clash with Grimsby Town.
"He's a very good player, he's six-foot, he can pass the ball and tackle too," said Still of his new recruit who started his career at St Etienne, before costing Southampton �250,000 where he played 12 times in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
"He was a Paul Sturrock signing, but not in (Paul) Mariner's plans. I saw him when I first watched Damien and we wanted to sign him, but he was out of my bracket.
"He wanted to come to London though and Plymouth were impressed with the way we did the deal for Damien, as we never spoke to him before getting permission.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
"The one thing we have always done at this club is go about a deal the right way, and it's nice to be rewarded.
“We also aren’t sure on the situation with Marlon Pack as Portsmouth might want him back in two weeks time.
"They might be forced to loan players out and then they need Marlon, so it was important we got Yoann in."
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road