Still finds the positives after Shrew loss
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday. Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found themselves 2-0 down in the first half after goals from Grant Holt and Chris Humphrey.
They pulled one back after the break through Paul Benson, but despite plenty of pressure, couldn't force an equaliser and just missed out.
Although disappointed not to extend the season, with Daggers amongst the favourites to be relegated when the campaign started, Still couldn't help but heap praise on his side's achievements.
"I know where these players have come from though and every season we've got better, so roll on next season," he said.
"In the first half, I thought they showed a bit more experience than us. After the break, we threw everything at them and on another day, it would have gone for us.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
"Shrewsbury defended well, but we got one goal to put them under pressure, unfortunately the other one didn't come.
"I'm going to go and drink as much as I possibly can though and reflect on a fantastic season."
What do you make of Daggers season? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.