Still finds the positives after Shrew loss
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday. Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found themselves 2-0 down in the first half after goals from Grant Holt and Chris Humphrey.
They pulled one back after the break through Paul Benson, but despite plenty of pressure, couldn't force an equaliser and just missed out.
Although disappointed not to extend the season, with Daggers amongst the favourites to be relegated when the campaign started, Still couldn't help but heap praise on his side's achievements.
"I know where these players have come from though and every season we've got better, so roll on next season," he said.
"In the first half, I thought they showed a bit more experience than us. After the break, we threw everything at them and on another day, it would have gone for us.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 9 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
"Shrewsbury defended well, but we got one goal to put them under pressure, unfortunately the other one didn't come.
"I'm going to go and drink as much as I possibly can though and reflect on a fantastic season."
What do you make of Daggers season? Email: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.