Still finds the positives after Shrew loss
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday. Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still preferred to look at the bigger pictures, despite his side missing out on the League Two play-offs after a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Daggers only needed a draw to progress to the play-offs but found themselves 2-0 down in the first half after goals from Grant Holt and Chris Humphrey.
They pulled one back after the break through Paul Benson, but despite plenty of pressure, couldn't force an equaliser and just missed out.
Although disappointed not to extend the season, with Daggers amongst the favourites to be relegated when the campaign started, Still couldn't help but heap praise on his side's achievements.
You may also want to watch:
"I know where these players have come from though and every season we've got better, so roll on next season," he said.
"In the first half, I thought they showed a bit more experience than us. After the break, we threw everything at them and on another day, it would have gone for us.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
"Shrewsbury defended well, but we got one goal to put them under pressure, unfortunately the other one didn't come.
"I'm going to go and drink as much as I possibly can though and reflect on a fantastic season."
What do you make of Daggers season? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.