Still lauds Daggers desire
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still felt his side s desire was the main reason behind their success against Aldershot. The Daggers came back from goal down to see off the Shots as they turned in a fine display to move within three points of the play-o
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still felt his side's desire was the main reason behind their success against Aldershot, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The Daggers came back from goal down to see off the Shots as they turned in a fine display to move within three points of the play-offs.
A delighted Still said: "We had great desire, we went a goal down when we could have been in front, but the main thing was the desire.
"We went behind early on, but we came back strong and I never lose faith with these players.
You may also want to watch:
"In the last five games we've had three wins and draw which is fantastic.
"Sometimes our players might find it a bit strange that we are in a position where we are challenging to get out of this league, but I think today would have helped them get to grips with the reality of it."
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
Shots boss, Gary Waddock, bemoaned his side's inability to take their chances.
"We had three fantastic chances to score, and that changes the course of the game," he said, after Daggers second goal came from the penalty spot.
"That was the turning point, I think the linesman had a better view but that changed the game.
"Some decisions you win, some you lose, but we seem to be losing them all the time at the moment."
Did Daggers show more desire than Aldershot? Email your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.