Still lauds Daggers desire
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still felt his side s desire was the main reason behind their success against Aldershot. The Daggers came back from goal down to see off the Shots as they turned in a fine display to move within three points of the play-o
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still felt his side's desire was the main reason behind their success against Aldershot, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The Daggers came back from goal down to see off the Shots as they turned in a fine display to move within three points of the play-offs.
A delighted Still said: "We had great desire, we went a goal down when we could have been in front, but the main thing was the desire.
"We went behind early on, but we came back strong and I never lose faith with these players.
You may also want to watch:
"In the last five games we've had three wins and draw which is fantastic.
"Sometimes our players might find it a bit strange that we are in a position where we are challenging to get out of this league, but I think today would have helped them get to grips with the reality of it."
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 8 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
Shots boss, Gary Waddock, bemoaned his side's inability to take their chances.
"We had three fantastic chances to score, and that changes the course of the game," he said, after Daggers second goal came from the penalty spot.
"That was the turning point, I think the linesman had a better view but that changed the game.
"Some decisions you win, some you lose, but we seem to be losing them all the time at the moment."
Did Daggers show more desire than Aldershot? Email your views to: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.