Still relishing Shrews and County encounters
Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still is relishing the challenge of facing two of their fellow promotion contenders this week, with a trip to Shrewsbury Town on Saturday followed by a home encounter with Notts County on Tuesday night.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still is relishing the challenge of facing two of their fellow promotion contenders this week, with a trip to Shrewsbury Town on Saturday followed by a home encounter with Notts County on Tuesday night.
Daggers go into the weekend one point above the Shrews and three in front of County, a statistic that delighted Still.
"To be going into the games above clubs like Shrewsbury and Notts County, with the backing they have is a fantastic achievement," said the boss, who was also not surprised by the criticism that Shrews boss Paul Simpson had come under recently from his own fans.
You may also want to watch:
"That's supporters for you," continued Still, who expects to be back in the dug-out after missing Saturday's victory over Crewe with illness.
"It's the nature of expectation and after being in the play-offs last season, they might have thought they would go up this year, but it doesn't always happen like that."
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road