Still relishing Shrews and County encounters
Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still is relishing the challenge of facing two of their fellow promotion contenders this week, with a trip to Shrewsbury Town on Saturday followed by a home encounter with Notts County on Tuesday night.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still is relishing the challenge of facing two of their fellow promotion contenders this week, with a trip to Shrewsbury Town on Saturday followed by a home encounter with Notts County on Tuesday night.
Daggers go into the weekend one point above the Shrews and three in front of County, a statistic that delighted Still.
"To be going into the games above clubs like Shrewsbury and Notts County, with the backing they have is a fantastic achievement," said the boss, who was also not surprised by the criticism that Shrews boss Paul Simpson had come under recently from his own fans.
"That's supporters for you," continued Still, who expects to be back in the dug-out after missing Saturday's victory over Crewe with illness.
"It's the nature of expectation and after being in the play-offs last season, they might have thought they would go up this year, but it doesn't always happen like that."
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road