Still thrilled over Benson's decision
MANAGER John Still was a relieved man that Paul Benson was in his starting line-up rather than opponents Shrewsbury after the striker netted four times in Tuesday night s rout. Benson turned down a move the Shrews during the summer and signed a long-term
MANAGER John Still was a relieved man that Paul Benson was in his starting line-up rather than opponents Shrewsbury after the striker netted four times in Tuesday night's rout.
Benson turned down a move the Shrews during the summer and signed a long-term deal at Victoria Road, before leading Daggers to a thumping 5-0 triumph in midweek.
"I'm glad he wasn't (in their line-up)," said Still.
"He's s top, top player as we know, and not just a top player in terms of scoring goals, his movement, control, he brings other people into the game, he is fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
Daggers netted five for the second time in two home games, after beating Torquay United 5-3 on Saturday, and produced an offensive display that left their manager purring.
"We played really well and I thought our attacking play was absolutely outstanding," said Still.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
"Of course, Shrewsbury have caught us on a good night, they're a good side, and I wouldn't want to try and put them down.
"But it was our night and we produced a terrific attacking performance. We attacked from the full backs as well and one of the hardest things has been gelling all the new players, but it's going alright at the moment."