Still thrilled over Benson's decision
MANAGER John Still was a relieved man that Paul Benson was in his starting line-up rather than opponents Shrewsbury after the striker netted four times in Tuesday night s rout. Benson turned down a move the Shrews during the summer and signed a long-term
MANAGER John Still was a relieved man that Paul Benson was in his starting line-up rather than opponents Shrewsbury after the striker netted four times in Tuesday night's rout.
Benson turned down a move the Shrews during the summer and signed a long-term deal at Victoria Road, before leading Daggers to a thumping 5-0 triumph in midweek.
"I'm glad he wasn't (in their line-up)," said Still.
"He's s top, top player as we know, and not just a top player in terms of scoring goals, his movement, control, he brings other people into the game, he is fantastic."
Daggers netted five for the second time in two home games, after beating Torquay United 5-3 on Saturday, and produced an offensive display that left their manager purring.
"We played really well and I thought our attacking play was absolutely outstanding," said Still.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
"Of course, Shrewsbury have caught us on a good night, they're a good side, and I wouldn't want to try and put them down.
"But it was our night and we produced a terrific attacking performance. We attacked from the full backs as well and one of the hardest things has been gelling all the new players, but it's going alright at the moment."