Still time to place your player vote
WE HAVE had hundreds of entries already for the Recorder Hammer of the Year competition, but there is still time for you to cast your vote before the closing day next Monday morning. Everyone who casts their vote, either by postcard, or online, will be au
WE HAVE had hundreds of entries already for the Recorder Hammer of the Year competition, but there is still time for you to cast your vote before the closing day next Monday morning.
Everyone who casts their vote, either by postcard, or online, will be automatically entered into a prize draw, with the winner receiving a West Ham shirt signed by the first team squad.
Looking at the votes so far, they are spread far and wide, so your selection could really make the difference by the time we count them all up.
So who are the leading contenders for this year's accolade?
Rob Green was the clear winner last season and many fans may think that his solid, dependable performances are enough to put him in the frame once again.
But there are plenty of other candidates.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 4 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
Scott Parker's dominance in midfield was one of the major reasons behind Gianfranco Zola's success, while Carlton Cole's best scoring season in his career, also earned him a call up to the England team, and the excellent Matty Upson was a regular in Capello's side.
Perhaps you prefer the budding contributions of Jack Collison or James Tomkins, who have come on leaps and bounds during the season and earned regular places in the starting line-up.
The never-ending running and effort of Valon Behrami may have caught your eye, or maybe it was the pace and skill of full back Herita Ilunga, who helped us all forget about the loss of George McCartney.
We don't want to influence you too much, it's up to you. You can vote for one of those, or maybe somebody else has caught your eye.
You can vote for anybody who has played this season - even Craig Bellamy!
All you have to do to enter is log on to our website at: www.newhamrecorder.co.uk and follow the links to cast your vote.
Or alternatively you can cast your vote by sending us a postcard to:
Sports Desk, Recorder Newspapers, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1UD, stating your name, address and daytime telephone number.
Normal competition rules apply and the Sports Editor's decision is final.