Still urges side to focus
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has urged his side to take no notice of Notts County s off-the-field problems when the two teams clash at Victoria Road tonight.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has urged his side to take no notice of Notts County's off-the-field problems when the two teams clash at Victoria Road tonight.
County face another day of reckoning tomorrow (Wednesday) after being served with a second winding up petition from HM Revenue & Customs.
But performances on the pitch have still been impressive and the Meadow Lane club held Premier League Wigan Athletic to a 2-2 draw in the FA Cup on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"I think players, although they probably talk about it, don't really take too much notice of what's going on," said Still, who will miss tonight's clash as he recovers from an operation.
"They have got some experienced players like (Lee) Hughes, (Ben) Davies, (Kasper) Schmeichel and (John) Thompson and they will know to keep their own performances high.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
"We are becoming more settled now and working on partnerships, which is something I'm very big on.
"We are working on our new midfield partnership with Marlon Pack and Danny Spiller. Once that beds in, I think we will get back to the level where we were."
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road