THREE sixth-formers from Dagenham who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months. Several students suffered stab wounds in the mass brawl at Havering College in Ardleigh Green, Essex on March 12
THREE sixth-formers from Dagenham who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months.
Several students suffered stab wounds in the mass brawl at Havering College in Ardleigh Green, Essex on March 12 2007.
Shocked onlookers in busy Ardleigh Green Road saw yobs smash rival gang members' car windows with hammers.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court, Ajibola Akinyosade, now 21, and 20-year-olds Ola Akinyi and David Imevbore, who was stabbed during the fight, were jailed for eight months for violent disorder.
A fourth youth, Adeniyi Ajani, 21, was given a three month suspended sentence.
Judge Timothy Lamb QC described their actions as 'intolerable'.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
'Mothers were picking up children from primary school and saw two young men drop to the ground after they were stabbed and bleeding', he said.
Ajani, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham; Akinyi, of Wood Lane, Dagenham; Imevbore, of Althorne Way, and Akinyosade, of Dagenham Road, Rainham, all Essex, were all convicted by a jury of violent disorder on April 1 this year.
Kurtis Mullins, 21, Stratford; James Short, 20, of Dereham Road, Barking, Essex; and Anthony De Silva, 19, of Canning Town were cleared of the same offence.