Students jailed after battle
THREE sixth-formers who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months each on Friday. Ola Akinyi, 20, of Wood Lane, Dagenham, David Imevbore, 20, of Althorne Way, Dagenham - who was stabbed during
THREE sixth-formers who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months each on Friday.
Ola Akinyi, 20, of Wood Lane, Dagenham, David Imevbore, 20, of Althorne Way, Dagenham - who was stabbed during the fight - and Ajibola Akinyosade, 21, of Dagenham Road, Rainham, were jailed for violent disorder.
Adeniyi Ajani, 21, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was given a three month suspended sentence after being convicted of the same charge.
Terrified mothers and young children screamed in panic as they watched warring youths attack each other outside Havering College, Ardleigh Green, in March 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Several students suffered stab.
Judge Timothy Lamb QC described their actions as "intolerable".
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 4 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 5 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 6 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Barking MP pushes for child poverty services under one roof
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
He said: "Mothers were picking up children from primary school and saw two young men drop to the ground after they were stabbed and bleeding.
"The public is entitled to some sort of protection. Those who may be thinking of getting involved should know precisely what to expect following the jury's verdict."
James Short, 20, of Dereham Road, Barking, Kurtis Mullins, 21, of Corporation Street, Stratford, and Anthony De Silva, 19, of Maplin Road, Canning Town, were cleared of the same offence.