Students jailed after battle
THREE sixth-formers who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months each on Friday. Ola Akinyi, 20, of Wood Lane, Dagenham, David Imevbore, 20, of Althorne Way, Dagenham - who was stabbed during
THREE sixth-formers who joined in a pitched street battle between black and white college students were jailed for eight months each on Friday.
Ola Akinyi, 20, of Wood Lane, Dagenham, David Imevbore, 20, of Althorne Way, Dagenham - who was stabbed during the fight - and Ajibola Akinyosade, 21, of Dagenham Road, Rainham, were jailed for violent disorder.
Adeniyi Ajani, 21, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was given a three month suspended sentence after being convicted of the same charge.
Terrified mothers and young children screamed in panic as they watched warring youths attack each other outside Havering College, Ardleigh Green, in March 2007.
Several students suffered stab.
Judge Timothy Lamb QC described their actions as "intolerable".
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
He said: "Mothers were picking up children from primary school and saw two young men drop to the ground after they were stabbed and bleeding.
"The public is entitled to some sort of protection. Those who may be thinking of getting involved should know precisely what to expect following the jury's verdict."
James Short, 20, of Dereham Road, Barking, Kurtis Mullins, 21, of Corporation Street, Stratford, and Anthony De Silva, 19, of Maplin Road, Canning Town, were cleared of the same offence.