Summerfield is set to stay
MIDFIELDER Luke Summerfield will be staying with Orient for a third month. The 21-year-old central midfielder will remain at Brisbane Road until three days before Christmas – taking his time at the club to the maximum 93-day period for loans. Summerfield
MIDFIELDER Luke Summerfield will be staying with Orient for a third month.
The 21-year-old central midfielder will remain at Brisbane Road until three days before Christmas - taking his time at the club to the maximum 93-day period for loans.
Summerfield was set to make his 12th appearance for the O's against Gillingham on Tuesday night and he has started every league game since he joined at the end of September from Championship side Plymouth Argyle.
The loan extension means that Summerfield will be available for four more matches, with his final game due to be at Walsall on December 19.
You may also want to watch:
O's boss Geraint Williams was delighted that the midfielder is staying.
"He has done really well since he has been here and given us competition for places in the midfield area," he said.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 8 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 9 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out