Super Mak takes the prize
STAR defender Tamika Mkandawire completed an impressive double at Leyton Orient s annual awards dinner on Monday night. He was named as the club s Player of the Year and the 25-year-old also walked off with the Players Player of the Year prize as well.
STAR defender Tamika Mkandawire completed an impressive double at Leyton Orient's annual awards dinner on Monday night.
He was named as the club's Player of the Year and the 25-year-old also walked off with the Players' Player of the Year prize as well.
Goalkeeper Jamie Jones was recognised for his part in Orient's Great Escape, when he was named as the Young Player of Year.
Orient held their awards night on Monday and Jones, who forced his way into the side during the latter half of the season, picked up the trophy from chairman Barry Hearn.
Signed from Everton last season, Jones dislodged first-choice keeper Glenn Morris and caught the eye as O's climbed away from danger with an impressive run of results.
Scott McGleish, who joined on loan from Wycombe and netted some crucial strikes, claimed the Goal of the Season award.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
He picked up the trophy for his effort at Carlisle United which came after a 23-pass move.
New professional Matthew Hall took the Youth Team Player of the Year award, while Loick Pires was named as the Community Player of the Year for making the biggest contribution to the club's work in the community.
ORIENT are helping supporters beat the credit crunch by reducing season ticket prices.
Prices have been cut throughout the ground, with adult tickets priced from just �200.