Superheroes red-dy for Comic Relief
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief s Red Nose Day on Friday. Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting aroun
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day on Friday.
Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting around �300 for the charity.
Staff also took part, with headteacher Thelma McGorrighan defying the young heroes with a "super villain" outfit modelled on 101 Dalmatians snatcher Cruella de Vil.
Office administrator Karen Kelly, 49, said: "It went very well.
You may also want to watch:
"There were 464 pupils all dressed in something, if not a superhero, a super princess or super duper, all for Comic Relief."
Barking and Dagenham schools, including Dagenham Park Comprehensive, School Road, Dagenham, also joined the nationwide fundraiser.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Mrs Kelly added: "Everybody is very enthusiastic. It's great fun.