Superheroes red-dy for Comic Relief
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief s Red Nose Day on Friday. Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting aroun
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day on Friday.
Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting around �300 for the charity.
Staff also took part, with headteacher Thelma McGorrighan defying the young heroes with a "super villain" outfit modelled on 101 Dalmatians snatcher Cruella de Vil.
Office administrator Karen Kelly, 49, said: "It went very well.
You may also want to watch:
"There were 464 pupils all dressed in something, if not a superhero, a super princess or super duper, all for Comic Relief."
Barking and Dagenham schools, including Dagenham Park Comprehensive, School Road, Dagenham, also joined the nationwide fundraiser.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Mrs Kelly added: "Everybody is very enthusiastic. It's great fun.