Superheroes red-dy for Comic Relief
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief s Red Nose Day on Friday. Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting aroun
A LEAGUE of 450 or so school superheroes raised hundreds of pounds for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day on Friday.
Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman and other caped crusaders joined forces at their school, Manor Infant, Sandringham Road, Barking, collecting around �300 for the charity.
Staff also took part, with headteacher Thelma McGorrighan defying the young heroes with a "super villain" outfit modelled on 101 Dalmatians snatcher Cruella de Vil.
Office administrator Karen Kelly, 49, said: "It went very well.
"There were 464 pupils all dressed in something, if not a superhero, a super princess or super duper, all for Comic Relief."
Barking and Dagenham schools, including Dagenham Park Comprehensive, School Road, Dagenham, also joined the nationwide fundraiser.
- 1 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 2 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 3 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 7 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
Mrs Kelly added: "Everybody is very enthusiastic. It's great fun.