Swan on the track causing delays in Ilford, Romford and Stratford
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A swan on the line is causing delays between Ilford and Romford train stations this morning.
National Rail tweeted out that a bird on the track was causing up to 15 minutes of delays on Tuesday, April 30.
“NEW - A swan on the line between Ilford and Romford is resulting in delays of up to 15 minutes to services running between these stations,” it read.
Greater Anglia also released a tweet confirming the hold-up.
“(The) London Liverpool Street to Clacton-On-Sea has been delayed at Stratford and is now 12 minutes late due to a swan on the track.”
You may also want to watch:
According to the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) the queen has “prerogative over all swans in England and Wales.”
However, it is not believed that the royal household will get involved in this incident.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
Update: the swan has now been moved from the track but there are still delays as of 11.30am