Sweet revenge for Williams as Scott strikes
Orient 2 Colchester 1 GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way. Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O s came from behind to earn their reward. Boss Geraint
Orient 2 Colchester 1
GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way.
Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O's came from behind to earn their reward.
Boss Geraint Williams played down the win against his former club and said: "It's another excellent comeback, but I've got to figure this out and say something different at the start of a game, because we have fallen behind again.
"But the players have shown fantastic heart. They were shattered after a tough game in midweek, in which we were down to 10 men for 30 minutes, but they still managed to find the effort and energy to come out on top in the second half."
Colchester looked the better side in the first half and took the lead just before the break when Lewis Gobern flicked on a Simon Hackney free kick and Platt headed home from close range.
- 1 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
But, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Daniels fired in a free-kick from 30 yards and O's won the game on 80 minutes when McGleish scrambled the ball home after Jimmy Smith's lob had beaten the keeper.
Orient: N Jones 8, Purches 7, Mkandawire 7, Spence 7, Daniels 7, Melligan 7 (W Gray 66), Thornton 7, Terry 7, Smith 7 (Boyd 82 mins), McGleish 7, Church 7. Subs: Morris, Saah, Cave-Brown.