Sweet revenge for Williams as Scott strikes
Orient 2 Colchester 1 GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way. Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O s came from behind to earn their reward. Boss Geraint
Orient 2 Colchester 1
GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way.
Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O's came from behind to earn their reward.
Boss Geraint Williams played down the win against his former club and said: "It's another excellent comeback, but I've got to figure this out and say something different at the start of a game, because we have fallen behind again.
You may also want to watch:
"But the players have shown fantastic heart. They were shattered after a tough game in midweek, in which we were down to 10 men for 30 minutes, but they still managed to find the effort and energy to come out on top in the second half."
Colchester looked the better side in the first half and took the lead just before the break when Lewis Gobern flicked on a Simon Hackney free kick and Platt headed home from close range.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
But, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Daniels fired in a free-kick from 30 yards and O's won the game on 80 minutes when McGleish scrambled the ball home after Jimmy Smith's lob had beaten the keeper.
Orient: N Jones 8, Purches 7, Mkandawire 7, Spence 7, Daniels 7, Melligan 7 (W Gray 66), Thornton 7, Terry 7, Smith 7 (Boyd 82 mins), McGleish 7, Church 7. Subs: Morris, Saah, Cave-Brown.