Sweet revenge for Williams as Scott strikes
Orient 2 Colchester 1 GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way. Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O s came from behind to earn their reward. Boss Geraint
Orient 2 Colchester 1
GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way.
Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O's came from behind to earn their reward.
Boss Geraint Williams played down the win against his former club and said: "It's another excellent comeback, but I've got to figure this out and say something different at the start of a game, because we have fallen behind again.
You may also want to watch:
"But the players have shown fantastic heart. They were shattered after a tough game in midweek, in which we were down to 10 men for 30 minutes, but they still managed to find the effort and energy to come out on top in the second half."
Colchester looked the better side in the first half and took the lead just before the break when Lewis Gobern flicked on a Simon Hackney free kick and Platt headed home from close range.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
But, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Daniels fired in a free-kick from 30 yards and O's won the game on 80 minutes when McGleish scrambled the ball home after Jimmy Smith's lob had beaten the keeper.
Orient: N Jones 8, Purches 7, Mkandawire 7, Spence 7, Daniels 7, Melligan 7 (W Gray 66), Thornton 7, Terry 7, Smith 7 (Boyd 82 mins), McGleish 7, Church 7. Subs: Morris, Saah, Cave-Brown.