Sweet revenge for Williams as Scott strikes
Orient 2 Colchester 1 GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way. Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O s came from behind to earn their reward. Boss Geraint
Orient 2 Colchester 1
GOALS from Charlie Daniels and Scott McGleish helped Orient to victory - but they had to do it the hard way.
Clive Platt had given Colchester a 43rd minute lead, but once again, O's came from behind to earn their reward.
Boss Geraint Williams played down the win against his former club and said: "It's another excellent comeback, but I've got to figure this out and say something different at the start of a game, because we have fallen behind again.
"But the players have shown fantastic heart. They were shattered after a tough game in midweek, in which we were down to 10 men for 30 minutes, but they still managed to find the effort and energy to come out on top in the second half."
Colchester looked the better side in the first half and took the lead just before the break when Lewis Gobern flicked on a Simon Hackney free kick and Platt headed home from close range.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
But, in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Daniels fired in a free-kick from 30 yards and O's won the game on 80 minutes when McGleish scrambled the ball home after Jimmy Smith's lob had beaten the keeper.
Orient: N Jones 8, Purches 7, Mkandawire 7, Spence 7, Daniels 7, Melligan 7 (W Gray 66), Thornton 7, Terry 7, Smith 7 (Boyd 82 mins), McGleish 7, Church 7. Subs: Morris, Saah, Cave-Brown.