Swim for free
UNDER 18s can continue swimming for free for the next two years and from April the scheme will be extended to anyone over 60. The Get Wet! Swim Free initiative has seen 10,300 youngsters sign up for free leisure cards since it s launch last June. The car
UNDER 18s can continue swimming for free for the next two years and from April the scheme will be extended to anyone over 60.
The Get Wet! Swim Free initiative has seen 10,300 youngsters sign up for free leisure cards since it's launch last June.
The cards allow them to swim for free at Abbey Sports Centre, Dagenham Swimming Pool and Goresbrook Leisure Centre.
Its success has prompted the council to spend �875,000 so the programme can continue for another two years.
You may also want to watch:
Free swimming lessons and aqua fitness classes will be offered to over 60s.
Volunteers are now needed to help out one day a week, usually between 10am and 4pm, to build people's confidence in the pool.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
For more information visit the website at www.getwetswimforfree.co.uk or if you are interested in volunteering call Bastien Wallace on 07796691005.