Swim for free
UNDER 18s can continue swimming for free for the next two years and from April the scheme will be extended to anyone over 60. The Get Wet! Swim Free initiative has seen 10,300 youngsters sign up for free leisure cards since it s launch last June. The car
UNDER 18s can continue swimming for free for the next two years and from April the scheme will be extended to anyone over 60.
The Get Wet! Swim Free initiative has seen 10,300 youngsters sign up for free leisure cards since it's launch last June.
The cards allow them to swim for free at Abbey Sports Centre, Dagenham Swimming Pool and Goresbrook Leisure Centre.
Its success has prompted the council to spend �875,000 so the programme can continue for another two years.
You may also want to watch:
Free swimming lessons and aqua fitness classes will be offered to over 60s.
Volunteers are now needed to help out one day a week, usually between 10am and 4pm, to build people's confidence in the pool.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 9 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
For more information visit the website at www.getwetswimforfree.co.uk or if you are interested in volunteering call Bastien Wallace on 07796691005.