Taiwo set for Cardiff move?
DAGGERS Solomon Taiwo is in Wales undergoing a medical for a proposed move to Cardiff City, writes MATT DINER. The talented midfield man has been a major part of the Daggers success over the past few years and manager John Still has admitted it will be a
DAGGERS Solomon Taiwo is in Wales undergoing a medical for a proposed move to Cardiff City, writes MATT DINER.
The talented midfield man has been a major part of the Daggers success over the past few years and manager John Still has admitted it will be a major loss for a player that could be potentially worth �250,000 based on appearances and whether the Bluebirds will get promoted.
"If it does goes through I will be gutted to lose him, but I've learnt that when it comes to football you cannot count on anything," Still said.
"He is a fantastic talent and he is another one in a long line who have come here and gone on to bigger things."
You may also want to watch:
"He joins the likes of Mackail-Smith, Green and the Brentford boys and it makes us proud as a club that we carry on what we do."
Still however refused to be too downbeat on the affect it will have on his squad, with the likes of Graeme Montgomery waiting in the wings for an opportunity.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
"One door closes and another one opens," Still said.
"We are always on the lookout for new players and we have until Monday, Tuesday morning to bring someone in.
"But who says I will have money to spend on players. We have new stands that need to be paid for and a deal has not even been done yet."
Taiwo joined the club from Sutton United in 2007 and has made 63 appearances for the Essex club, scoring six goals in the process.