Taiwo set for Cardiff move?
DAGGERS Solomon Taiwo is in Wales undergoing a medical for a proposed move to Cardiff City, writes MATT DINER. The talented midfield man has been a major part of the Daggers success over the past few years and manager John Still has admitted it will be a
DAGGERS Solomon Taiwo is in Wales undergoing a medical for a proposed move to Cardiff City, writes MATT DINER.
The talented midfield man has been a major part of the Daggers success over the past few years and manager John Still has admitted it will be a major loss for a player that could be potentially worth �250,000 based on appearances and whether the Bluebirds will get promoted.
"If it does goes through I will be gutted to lose him, but I've learnt that when it comes to football you cannot count on anything," Still said.
"He is a fantastic talent and he is another one in a long line who have come here and gone on to bigger things."
"He joins the likes of Mackail-Smith, Green and the Brentford boys and it makes us proud as a club that we carry on what we do."
Still however refused to be too downbeat on the affect it will have on his squad, with the likes of Graeme Montgomery waiting in the wings for an opportunity.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
"One door closes and another one opens," Still said.
"We are always on the lookout for new players and we have until Monday, Tuesday morning to bring someone in.
"But who says I will have money to spend on players. We have new stands that need to be paid for and a deal has not even been done yet."
Taiwo joined the club from Sutton United in 2007 and has made 63 appearances for the Essex club, scoring six goals in the process.