Taking Woodstock (15)
BASED on the memoirs of Elliot Tiber, who arranged for the legendary Woodstock Festival to be held in New York in 1969,TAKING WOODSTOCK (15) is a comedy set to iconic late 60s music. Demetri Martin stars as Elliot, who is working as an interior designer
BASED on the memoirs of Elliot Tiber, who arranged for the legendary Woodstock Festival to be held in New York in 1969,TAKING WOODSTOCK (15) is a comedy set to iconic late '60s music.
Demetri Martin stars as Elliot, who is working as an interior designer in Greenwich Village, when he hears the family motel is being run into the ground by his overbearing parents.
Upon hearing that a planned music and arts festival has lost its permit from the neighbouring town, Elliot calls producer Michael Lang at Woodstock Ventures to offer his family's motel to the promoters and generate some much-needed business. Elliot also introduces Lang to his neighbourMax Yasgur, who operates a 600-acre dairy farm down the road.
Soon half a million people are on their way to Yasgur's farm for "three days of peace and music".
You may also want to watch:
Ang Lee directs a joyous voyage to a moment in time when everything seemed possible.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock