Taylor’s treble downs Walden
East London men s first team recovered from last week s defeat with a 6-0 victory over Saffron Walden seconds at Mile End. The Sparrowhawks were dominant from the start, playing with an intensity the visitors couldn t handle. Lee Tickner opened the sco
East London men's first team recovered from last week's defeat with a 6-0 victory over Saffron Walden seconds at Mile End.
The Sparrowhawks were dominant from the start, playing with an intensity the visitors couldn't handle.
Lee Tickner opened the scoring after 10 minutes slotting home after a slick East London passing move.
James Cook and Kevin Taylor added to the score before half time. A second-half hat-trick from Taylor finished off the game with the vital three points keeping East London in the hunt for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies first team also dominated their match against Phoenix and came away with an identical result.
If anything, 6-0 flattered the visitors from Braintree as the ladies exerted total control over proceedings.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
Stand-in goalkeeper Hannah Stevenson had precious little to do as goals from Eilis Quinnlan, Lucy Bingham, Esme Oliver-Hobley and Vicky Dawson ensured the victory to keep East London at the top of Essex Division One.
The men's seconds continued their charge up the Division Five table with another away win, this time beating Redbridge & Ilford 2-1 with goals from Paul Carruthers and Rory Feldman.
The men's thirds produced one of the results of the season winning 15-1 at Mile End.
A hat-trick from Ian Allgood and a four goal haul from Rob Rouse helped them on their way.