Taylor’s treble downs Walden
East London men s first team recovered from last week s defeat with a 6-0 victory over Saffron Walden seconds at Mile End. The Sparrowhawks were dominant from the start, playing with an intensity the visitors couldn t handle. Lee Tickner opened the sco
East London men's first team recovered from last week's defeat with a 6-0 victory over Saffron Walden seconds at Mile End.
The Sparrowhawks were dominant from the start, playing with an intensity the visitors couldn't handle.
Lee Tickner opened the scoring after 10 minutes slotting home after a slick East London passing move.
James Cook and Kevin Taylor added to the score before half time. A second-half hat-trick from Taylor finished off the game with the vital three points keeping East London in the hunt for promotion.
The ladies first team also dominated their match against Phoenix and came away with an identical result.
If anything, 6-0 flattered the visitors from Braintree as the ladies exerted total control over proceedings.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
Stand-in goalkeeper Hannah Stevenson had precious little to do as goals from Eilis Quinnlan, Lucy Bingham, Esme Oliver-Hobley and Vicky Dawson ensured the victory to keep East London at the top of Essex Division One.
The men's seconds continued their charge up the Division Five table with another away win, this time beating Redbridge & Ilford 2-1 with goals from Paul Carruthers and Rory Feldman.
The men's thirds produced one of the results of the season winning 15-1 at Mile End.
A hat-trick from Ian Allgood and a four goal haul from Rob Rouse helped them on their way.