Teenager hit by van near Barking and Dagenham College
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been hit by a van near Barking and Dagenham College.
Police were called just before 3.30pm to reports of a crash involving a pedestrian and vehicle in Dagenham Road.
The teenager was taken to a hospital in east London, where his injuries aren’t deemed to be life threatening or life changing.
The fire brigade, police and ambulance attended.
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m aware that my friend was one of the ladies who pulled the young man out from under the van that knocked him over.
You may also want to watch:
“Four men managed to lift the van up a bit so my friend and another lady could pull him out. My friend is a first aid responder. A doctor and nurse were quick on the scene. He was awake and it looks like he’s going to be okay.”
A cordon that was put in place has since been lifted and enquiries continue.
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended