Test your brain and help our appeal
CAN you beat the Recorder brainboxes? That question and many more will be answered on December 3 at the quiz event of the year. The competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Recorder s Christmas Toy Appeal, which is officially l
CAN you beat the Recorder brainboxes? That question and many more will be answered on December 3 at the quiz event of the year.
The competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Recorder's Christmas Toy Appeal, which is officially launched in next week's Recorder
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links' base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder's own teams will be there.
You may also want to watch:
One of our teams, the Recorder Rockets, will aiming to regain the trophy they won in 2007, but lost oout by just two hotly disputed points to one of Community Links own teams.
As in previous years, tables of eight cost just �60, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
As well as the chance to hold the shiny new trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.