'Thanks to you we're in focus!'
THIS week s Days of the Old School Yard comes from way back in 1975. It comes from reader Olu Oyenigba. He tells us: I read your very interesting and regular column on past school photographs in the Newham Recorder, Days of the Old School Yard, every wee
THIS week's Days of the Old School Yard comes from way back in 1975.
It comes from reader Olu Oyenigba.
He tells us: "I read your very interesting and regular column on past school photographs in the Newham Recorder, Days of the Old School Yard, every week.
"I am sending you an old school photograph of the 4th and last year of our school class 34 years ago.
"The school is Park Primary School in Matthews Park Avenue in Stratford E.15. The school is opposite West Ham Park and this mixed classroom photo has 28 children standing and kneeling with our school teacher Ms Rooke.
"We are in our final year (4th year) and this is our last photograph together in 1975 before we move onto Secondary school.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
"I am in the back row, the last child in the yellow jumper."
He adds: "Thank you for helping us keep the past in focus!" No problem, Olu.