That’s handy Andy
ORIENT boss Geraint Williams still has plenty of work to do assembling a new squad for next season - but his backroom staff are now in place. The latest addition is Andy Edwards, who becomes the club s new youth team manager on a two-year contract. It was
ORIENT boss Geraint Williams still has plenty of work to do assembling a new squad for next season - but his backroom staff are now in place.
The latest addition is Andy Edwards, who becomes the club's new youth team manager on a two-year contract.
It was a position originally filled by Kevin Nugent, but he stepped up to become caretaker boss following the departure of Martin Ling, and then became Williams' number two.
Former O's player Wayne Burnett came in on a short-term contract to fill the void, but left at the end of the season to join Dagenham & Redbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards, 37, was assistant manager of Blue Square South side St Albans City, but made his mark in the Football League, playing over 500 games for Southend, Birmingham, Peterborough and Rushden & Diamonds.
Williams said: "We're delighted to welcome Andy to the club. He brings lots of good ideas to the table."
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Meanwhile, Kevin Dearden has signed a new two-year deal and will continue in his role as chief scout and goalkeeping coach.