The Mummy Snatcher - Natasha Narayan
I ENJOYED reading the book The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis, written by Natasha Narayan. The book is about Kit Salter and her friends trying to find an Egyptian mummy. They were flabbergasted to discover rattles and moans coming from a strange looking coffin
I ENJOYED reading the book The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis, written by Natasha Narayan.
The book is about Kit Salter and her friends trying to find an Egyptian mummy.
They were flabbergasted to discover rattles and moans coming from a strange looking coffin - surely it could not be the mummy? What if it was?
Each time they tried to find the mummy they always failed, but do Kit and her friends find the ancient mummy eventually?
My favourite part of the book was when Kit Salter and her friends sneaked out of their lesson at school to see the mummy. Kit had told her classmates that her Aunt Hilda was bringing the mummy and all the precious treasures to the museum.
Were the children going to see the mummy at the greatest show that Kit's aunt had prepared, or had they failed again?
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 4 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
Kit's father had specifically said she could not come to the museum as he knew she would cause trouble!
I would definitely recommend this book to children who have had the chance to learn about the Egyptians at school, been taken to museums about the Egyptians or are just interested in the Egyptians. I thought it contained lots of interesting information as well as a good storyline.
The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis (�9.99, Quercus) is aimed at children aged eight to 12 and I recommend you buy it as it is fascinating!
- MOLLY LECKERMAN, aged 9