The Mummy Snatcher - Natasha Narayan
I ENJOYED reading the book The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis, written by Natasha Narayan. The book is about Kit Salter and her friends trying to find an Egyptian mummy. They were flabbergasted to discover rattles and moans coming from a strange looking coffin
I ENJOYED reading the book The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis, written by Natasha Narayan.
The book is about Kit Salter and her friends trying to find an Egyptian mummy.
They were flabbergasted to discover rattles and moans coming from a strange looking coffin - surely it could not be the mummy? What if it was?
Each time they tried to find the mummy they always failed, but do Kit and her friends find the ancient mummy eventually?
You may also want to watch:
My favourite part of the book was when Kit Salter and her friends sneaked out of their lesson at school to see the mummy. Kit had told her classmates that her Aunt Hilda was bringing the mummy and all the precious treasures to the museum.
Were the children going to see the mummy at the greatest show that Kit's aunt had prepared, or had they failed again?
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Kit's father had specifically said she could not come to the museum as he knew she would cause trouble!
I would definitely recommend this book to children who have had the chance to learn about the Egyptians at school, been taken to museums about the Egyptians or are just interested in the Egyptians. I thought it contained lots of interesting information as well as a good storyline.
The Mummy Snatcher of Memphis (�9.99, Quercus) is aimed at children aged eight to 12 and I recommend you buy it as it is fascinating!
- MOLLY LECKERMAN, aged 9