The Twilight Saga: New Moon (15)
THE massively popular Twilight vampire series of novels by Stephenie Meyer gets its second movie outing, with THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON (15). Bella Swan is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled
THE massively popular Twilight vampire series of novels by Stephenie Meyer gets its second movie outing, with THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON (15).
Bella Swan is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black.
Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, who are ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested.
Twilight, the first film, was released in November 2008 and was an instant success, no small feat for a project that was being carefully scrutinised by the novels' millions of dedicated fans who were anxious to see how their heroes and heroines were depicted.
You may also want to watch:
The film adaptation of the unlikely romance between a sensitive schoolgirl and a more than a century-old vampire brought in more than $70million on its opening weekend, eventually grossing more than $350million worldwide.
Producer Wyck Godfrey says of the second film: "The challenge was to not simply repeat what the first movie delivered.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 8 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
"As the story progresses, the world opens up. We have to evolve the characters and deliver the new world visually. We're digging deeper into Bella's life as her world expands."
Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward, says: "Because Kristen (Stewart, who plays Bella) and I have played the parts before, we have a very specific idea of how we think the characters develop throughout the whole series.
"Chris (director Chris Weitz) was very understanding of that. But he also came prepared with a lot of great ideas and he had a lot of research to back them up."
Author Meyer says she is delighted by both films.