Third body found in Barking within one month, less than mile from others
- Credit: Archant
A third dead body has been found in Barking, less than a mile from the discovery of two others within a month.
Police were called after a member of the public made the gruesome find near to Riverside Cottages, Alfred’s Way, Barking, shortly after 4pm yesterday.
Officers said the victim was a man, believed to be in his thirties, and have informed next of kin. The death is being treated as unexplained at this early stage with a post-mortem to take place “in due course”, said police.
It follows just three days after the body of a 21-year-old man was discovered in the grounds of St Margaret’s Church, North Street, Barking, on Saturday.
On August 28, the body of 24-year-old Gabriel Kovari from Deptford, Lewisham, was found, also within the church grounds, and coincidentally by the same unfortunate walker.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about either matter should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
Det Ch Insp Tony Kirk said: “These three cases are in the early stages of investigation and we are working to establish the exact circumstances. I would like to reassure the public that there is no danger to the wider community at this time.”