Third stabbing suspect is teenager
A TEENAGER is the latest suspect to be arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing at a pub. Police arrested the 14-year-old male on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Leahy this morning (April 16). The 45-year-old from Barking had been stabbed to death a
A TEENAGER is the latest suspect to be arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing at a pub.
Police arrested the 14-year-old male on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Leahy this morning (April 16).
The 45-year-old from Barking had been stabbed to death at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13).
Police and Ambulance crews were called to a stabbing at the address at around 9pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.45pm.
A post-mortem examination held at the Queen's Hospital Mortuary, Romford, on Tuesday (April 14), gave the cause of his death as stab wounds to the chest.
Next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 4 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
Police believe that Leahy was involved in some sort of altercation with two white men shortly before he was attacked.
Both ran away immediately after the stabbing, in which a second man suffered a minor cut to the head.
All of the men involved are thought to have been customers in the pub.
On Tuesday (April14) a 38-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday.
He has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in May.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on the afternoon of Wednesday (April 15).
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector Simon Moring from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses who have not yet come forward, or anyone who can assist, should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.