Third stabbing suspect is teenager
A TEENAGER is the latest suspect to be arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing at a pub. Police arrested the 14-year-old male on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Leahy this morning (April 16). The 45-year-old from Barking had been stabbed to death a
A TEENAGER is the latest suspect to be arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing at a pub.
Police arrested the 14-year-old male on suspicion of the murder of Daniel Leahy this morning (April 16).
The 45-year-old from Barking had been stabbed to death at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13).
Police and Ambulance crews were called to a stabbing at the address at around 9pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination held at the Queen's Hospital Mortuary, Romford, on Tuesday (April 14), gave the cause of his death as stab wounds to the chest.
Next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
Police believe that Leahy was involved in some sort of altercation with two white men shortly before he was attacked.
Both ran away immediately after the stabbing, in which a second man suffered a minor cut to the head.
All of the men involved are thought to have been customers in the pub.
On Tuesday (April14) a 38-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday.
He has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in May.
A 39-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on the afternoon of Wednesday (April 15).
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector Simon Moring from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses who have not yet come forward, or anyone who can assist, should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.