Third teenager arrested following the death of Jodie Chesney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Jodie Chesney in Harold Hill have made a further arrest.
A 17-year-old was arrested on Friday, March 22 on suspicion of murder. He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 9.25pm on Friday, March 1, to reports of a stabbing in a park close to St Neot’s Road in Harold Hill.
Officers attended and found the girl scout from Dagenham suffering from a stab injury. She was pronounced dead at 10.26.
Her next of kin were informed and a post-mortem examination held on Sunday, March 3 at East Ham Mortuary gave her cause of death as trauma and haemorrhage.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation launched by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) continues apace.
Anyone with information should call the HMCC Incident Room on 020 8345 3775, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Three others have been charged with murder.
Three other people - a 50-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman and a 17-year-old male - who were arrested on Sunday, March 10 on suspicion of assisting an offender - have been released under investigation.