Thomas out to stake his claim
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Wes Thomas hopes he has given manager John Still something to think about after an impressive substitute appearance during Tuesday night s 3-2 win at Aldershot Town.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE striker Wes Thomas hopes he has given manager John Still something to think about after an impressive substitute appearance during Tuesday night's 3-2 win at Aldershot Town.
Thomas came off the bench after 71 minutes and supplied the cross from which striker Josh Scott slid home a remarkable winner in the closing stages.
"When you do come on, you want to impress and give the gaffer something to think about for the next game," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"You want to be playing every game, so when you haven't played that much, it has been a bit frustrating."
Thomas is getting used to his role as an impact substitute, having made all but three of his 20 league appearances from the bench.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
But what he wasn't expecting was to replace Danny Green and occupy a role on the right wing.
"It was a bit of a surprise when the gaffer told me I was going to come on the right wing as I'm a striker," he said.
"He told me to play high and when I get the ball just run at the defence and whip some balls in.
"I was watching the game beforehand to see how you can affect it, but I wasn't really watching the left back as I didn't think I would come on as a right winger."
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road