Three charged over alleged robbery
THREE people are being held in custody over an alleged robbery which led to a policeman suffering life-threatening injuries. The officer, a firearms specialist with the Met s elite CO19 is fighting for his life today after confronting the occupants of a s
THREE people are being held in custody over an alleged robbery which led to a policeman suffering life-threatening injuries.
The officer, a firearms specialist with the Met's elite CO19 is fighting for his life today after confronting the occupants of a silver Chrysler car believed to have fled the scene of the robbery in Rosedale Road, Dagenham, on Saturday.
Police gave chase and the officer, aged in his 30s, suffered severe head injuries as he got out of an armed response vehicle about five miles away in Ashlin Road, Newham.
Two other officers received minor injuries when their patrol car was hit by another vehicle.
On Sunday, Mansour-Jacques Jallow, 26, Temitope Iyiola, 19, both of no fixed abode, and Mary Fowler, 21, of Ibex House, Forest Lane, Forest Gate, were charged with robbery.
All three appeared before Waltham Forest Magistrates' Court yesterday, where they were held in custody until their next court appearance, on Thursday.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 5 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 10 Barking BikeFest comes to town
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Specialist Crime Directorate on 020 8345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.