Christmas and Chanukah celebration at virtual Three Faiths Forum
- Credit: Archant
The Three Faiths Forum is celebrating Christmas and Chanukah in a virtual meeting with speakers highlighting the work the religions have been doing together for a millennium.
The forum, which covers Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Waltham Forest, is holding its last meeting of the year on Tuesday, December 16 at 7.30pm on Zoom with three great speakers.
Professor David Abulafia, author of The Boundless Sea which was recently featured on BBC Radio 4 as the Book of the Week, will be the first speaker.
His topic is Jews, Christians and Muslims - 1,000 years sailing together, trading together, arguing together.
The Rev Canon Ian Tarrant, from Gibraltar Cathedral, will be giving a talk on the Gibraltar Perspective.
The closing speaker will be Khola Hasan, who will report on her participation in the annual Forum for Promoting Peace that took place in Abu Dhabi this week.
You may also want to watch:
The three short talks will be interspersed with musical breaks.
- 1 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 2 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 3 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 4 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 5 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer