Three questioned over Barking stabbing
A TEENAGE boy is one of three people being questioned over the murder of Daniel Leahy, who was stabbed to death on Monday night. Mr Leahy, 45, from Barking, died when he was stabbed during a suspected row at the Victoria Pub, Axe Street, Barking. A post
A TEENAGE boy is one of three people being questioned over the murder of Daniel Leahy, who was stabbed to death on Monday night.
Mr Leahy, 45, from Barking, died when he was stabbed during a suspected row at the Victoria Pub, Axe Street, Barking.
A post mortem at Queen's hospital, Romford, on Tuesday gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.
Police today arrested a 14-year-old boy on suspicion of murder. He is currently being quizzed in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday, and a 38-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday are both still in custody.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, during which a second man suffered a minor cut to the head.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
It is believed that all those involved were customers in the pub.
The investigation is being led by Det Chief Insp Simon Moring from Barking police's homicide and serious crime command.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.