Thugs raid security van
TWO ROBBERS escaped with a huge amount of cash, after raiding a security van parked outside Barking Station. Security staff were about to deliver the money to the station, when the robbery took place at around 6.30am last Friday (February 13.) Police
TWO ROBBERS escaped with a huge amount of cash, after raiding a security van parked outside Barking Station.
Security staff were about to deliver the money to the station, when the robbery took place at around 6.30am last Friday (February 13.)
Police say two black men went up to the van, grabbed a cashbox containing a large amount of money, before making their escape.
No-one was injured during the raid.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from the British Transport Police, who were originally investigating the incident, said: "Police have seized CCTV from the location, carried out forensics checks, made searches of the surrounding location as well as undertaking local enquiries."
The investigation has now been handed over to the Met Police Flying Squad officers, based at Barking.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
One man, who works at the station, told the POST he saw lots of police shortly after the raid.
Anyone with information should call the Flying Squad on 0208 345 4226