Thurgood signs for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still finally got his man this week after midfielder Stuart Thurgood signed on a free transfer. Still has been a long-time admirer of the 27-year-old who spent most of last season on loan at Blue Square Premier side Grays
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still finally got his man this week after midfielder Stuart Thurgood signed on a free transfer, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Still has been a long-time admirer of the 27-year-old who spent most of last season on loan at Blue Square Premier side Grays Athletic and has now signed a two-year deal with Daggers.
Thurgood, who started his career at Spurs, has also played for Southend United and Gillingham and with Glen Southam leaving Victoria Road, he will be competing with Peter Gain and Solomon Taiwo for a midfield berth.
A delighted Still said: "Stuart is a player I've been interested in for three or four years and I'm absolutely delighted to have added him to my squad.
You may also want to watch:
"Stuart is hungry to prove himself back in the Football League and his drive and ambition is something that has impressed me."
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking