Title fight is interesting for Lynes
LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT Colin Lynes will take a keen interest in the British title battle between Ajose Olusegun and Lenny Daws, which is the feature fight at York Hall on September 18. For Lynes is the former holder of the crown and after suffering two Europe
LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT Colin Lynes will take a keen interest in the British title battle between Ajose Olusegun and Lenny Daws, which is the feature fight at York Hall on September 18.
For Lynes is the former holder of the crown and after suffering two European title defeats abroad, could see a British challenge against the winner as his way back.
Nigerian-born title-holder Olusegun, with 27 straight victories, including 13 stoppage wins, will certainly start favourite to keep hold of the championship on the night.
However, the 30-year-old battle-hardened Morden campaigner Daws, with just a single defeat in 21 fights, is hungry to regain the title he also held earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Lynes certainly hopes his title luck is about to change following two controversial points losses against Frenchman Souleymane M'baye in Paris and Italian Gianluca Branco in Turin.
The York Hall bill also features TKO Gym-based super-bantamweight Matthew Marsh in his British title eliminator meeting with Josh Wale - with the English title on the line.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London