Title fight is interesting for Lynes
LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT Colin Lynes will take a keen interest in the British title battle between Ajose Olusegun and Lenny Daws, which is the feature fight at York Hall on September 18. For Lynes is the former holder of the crown and after suffering two Europe
LIGHT-WELTERWEIGHT Colin Lynes will take a keen interest in the British title battle between Ajose Olusegun and Lenny Daws, which is the feature fight at York Hall on September 18.
For Lynes is the former holder of the crown and after suffering two European title defeats abroad, could see a British challenge against the winner as his way back.
Nigerian-born title-holder Olusegun, with 27 straight victories, including 13 stoppage wins, will certainly start favourite to keep hold of the championship on the night.
However, the 30-year-old battle-hardened Morden campaigner Daws, with just a single defeat in 21 fights, is hungry to regain the title he also held earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Lynes certainly hopes his title luck is about to change following two controversial points losses against Frenchman Souleymane M'baye in Paris and Italian Gianluca Branco in Turin.
The York Hall bill also features TKO Gym-based super-bantamweight Matthew Marsh in his British title eliminator meeting with Josh Wale - with the English title on the line.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences