Title win for super Smith
WEST HAM BC S Chris Smith won his first national title when he brought home an ABA junior award from the finals, at the Everton Sports Centre, Liverpool at the weekend. He sparkled against John Roberts of Worcester City, who rushed on to the attack and wa
WEST HAM BC'S Chris Smith won his first national title when he brought home an ABA junior award from the finals, at the Everton Sports Centre, Liverpool at the weekend.
He sparkled against John Roberts of Worcester City, who rushed on to the attack and was shaken as Smith countered with sharp jabs followed by right hooks.
Smith upped the pace against his game rival in the second, and finished with a slight lead going into the last.
The West Ham hope then switched gears to pile up the points in style and finished a well-deserved 6-1 points winner.
You may also want to watch:
However, his Hammers' clubmate Charlie Hoy lost on points to Chris Blinkhorn of Bolton's Withins BC by a 4-2 margin.
The taller northern entry boxed on his back foot and although Hoy stormed on to the attack in the last round, his effort wasn't enough according to the judges, and Blinkhorn took the title.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences