Tons blitzed by early goals
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE Barking 3 Clapton 0 CLAPTON slipped to second-bottom of the Essex Senior League after Saturday s defeat at Barking. The Tons made a horrific start as the pace and tenacity of Jared Small gave the visitors problems. He almost put Bar
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE
Barking 3 Clapton 0
CLAPTON slipped to second-bottom of the Essex Senior League after Saturday's defeat at Barking.
The Tons made a horrific start as the pace and tenacity of Jared Small gave the visitors problems.
He almost put Barking ahead, but his shot was too high.
Yet the reprieve was short-lived as Barking's devastating approach brought three goals in the first 12 minutes.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
In the fourth minute Shamraz Darr found Sam Dennis, whose high ball hit the bar and rebounded to Lee Pyne, who buried it in the back of the net.
Matt Knight went close from outside the penalty area, but Small and Darr set up the second goal.
Small battled well and crossed for Scott Borthwick to make it 2-0 after eight minutes and just four minutes later Dennis netted with a precisely placed shot.
Dennis followed this with a terrific curling shot which visiting custodian Joe Wright did well to push against the post and Dennis then saw his corner headed off the line.
Another good shot by Knight was palmed away by Wright and good work by Pyne was followed by a Craig Leader cross, which was cleared by Robert Oliyanko.
Another excellent Dennis corner evaded everyone and then good work by Danny Hopkins enabled him to feed Pyne, whose cross was scrambled away.
There were no more goals but the damage had been done.
* LONDON APSA's good form continued as they registered a comfortable 2-0 win over Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday.
Recent addition Daniel Mathew gave the home side the lead after 20 minutes before Mo Dakri doubled the Newham club's advantage, as they hung on to record their fifth win of the season.
APSA make the trip to Burnham Ramblers on Saturday.