Tony can’t steal win
STRATFORD WESLEYANS suffered their second defeat of the season as they went down to Sport CC. Batting first, Wesleyans struggled to get bat on ball on a bowler-friendly wicket, as they lost openers Tony Bowers and Kevin Ashlin cheaply. Only Chris Walsh, w
STRATFORD WESLEYANS suffered their second defeat of the season as they went down to Sport CC.
Batting first, Wesleyans struggled to get bat on ball on a bowler-friendly wicket, as they lost openers Tony Bowers and Kevin Ashlin cheaply.
Only Chris Walsh, with 30, made any inroads into the visitor's bowling attack, and but for 29 extras, Stratford's total of 96 all out, would have been considerably lower.
Wesleyans put up a great fight defending a small total, and with the wicket helping them, they were always in with a chance.
You may also want to watch:
It was the swing bowling of veteran Tony Keep who kept them in the hunt, as he took 4-21 from his allotted eight overs.
Adam Kinnard was a little expensive, but still added two wickets to his tally, although unfortunately, there was no-one else to back the duo up.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
Sport CC's Tyrone hit the winning runs in quick time, as they needed only 17.3 overs to reach the target.