Tony plays for Keeps
Wesleyans won by 72 runs A WONDERFUL spell of bowling from Tony Keep propelled Stratford Wesleyans to a 72-run victory over Belhus thirds at the weekend. After making 178-5 in the first innings, Keep simply blew away the Belhus batting line-up with stagg
by 72 runs
A WONDERFUL spell of bowling from Tony Keep propelled Stratford Wesleyans to a 72-run victory over Belhus thirds at the weekend.
After making 178-5 in the first innings, Keep simply blew away the Belhus batting line-up with staggering ease.
You may also want to watch:
The opening bowler took 6-18 from 14 overs, including six maidens, while he dismissed four batsmen without scoring as he was far too hot for Belhus to handle.
Robertson was the one batsman to show any signs of fight, before he was bowled by Keep for 59.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 6 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 7 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Forrest was the only other to make double figures with 16, but he was then caught off the bowling of Humphreys.
Hugh McGuires chipped in with one wicket from eight economical overs, while Adam Kinnard also picked up one scalp, in what was a fine bowling effort.
When setting their target of 179, every Stratford batsmen got starts on what was an unpredictable strip.
Kevin Ashlin (14) and Tony Bowers (27) got the ball rolling, before Walsh (12) and Kinnard (20) carried on the momentum.
It was the innings of Daniel Cockley that changed the total from a decent one, to a match-winning effort, as he plundered a quickfire 44 not out, adding real impetus to the lower order.
Support came from Ray Southern with 25, before Keep added 18 valuable runs too, before Keep then got hold of the ball to run through the Belhus innings.