Tony plays for Keeps
Wesleyans won by 72 runs A WONDERFUL spell of bowling from Tony Keep propelled Stratford Wesleyans to a 72-run victory over Belhus thirds at the weekend. After making 178-5 in the first innings, Keep simply blew away the Belhus batting line-up with stagg
by 72 runs
A WONDERFUL spell of bowling from Tony Keep propelled Stratford Wesleyans to a 72-run victory over Belhus thirds at the weekend.
After making 178-5 in the first innings, Keep simply blew away the Belhus batting line-up with staggering ease.
You may also want to watch:
The opening bowler took 6-18 from 14 overs, including six maidens, while he dismissed four batsmen without scoring as he was far too hot for Belhus to handle.
Robertson was the one batsman to show any signs of fight, before he was bowled by Keep for 59.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
Forrest was the only other to make double figures with 16, but he was then caught off the bowling of Humphreys.
Hugh McGuires chipped in with one wicket from eight economical overs, while Adam Kinnard also picked up one scalp, in what was a fine bowling effort.
When setting their target of 179, every Stratford batsmen got starts on what was an unpredictable strip.
Kevin Ashlin (14) and Tony Bowers (27) got the ball rolling, before Walsh (12) and Kinnard (20) carried on the momentum.
It was the innings of Daniel Cockley that changed the total from a decent one, to a match-winning effort, as he plundered a quickfire 44 not out, adding real impetus to the lower order.
Support came from Ray Southern with 25, before Keep added 18 valuable runs too, before Keep then got hold of the ball to run through the Belhus innings.