A TODDLER was flown to Royal London Hospital after she broke her leg and severely injured her head in a car crash on a busy dual carriageway. The three-year-old girl was apparently walking in New Road, Dagenham, on Sunday April 21 at around 5pm when the h
A TODDLER was flown to Royal London Hospital after she broke her leg and severely injured her head in a car crash on a busy dual carriageway.
The three-year-old girl was apparently walking in New Road, Dagenham, on Sunday April 21 at around 5pm when the horrific accident happened.
A Nissan, travelling in the eastbound carriageway, collided with the girl who broke her leg and injured her head.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene and the A1306 in Dagenham was closed so the air ambulance helicopter could land.
You may also want to watch:
The road was finally re-opened to traffic several hours later at 9.10pm.
A doctor accompanied the little girl as she was flown to Royal London Hospital; she was later transferred to Great Ormond Street.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Her injuries were serious but are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokeswoman said: "This was a road traffic collision involving a car and a three-year-old girl.
"The eastbound carriageway of the A1306 was closed for the Air Ambulance to land and opened by 9.10pm.