Toy shop paedophile jailed
A TOY shop worker who groomed youngsters with learning difficulties for sex was jailed indefinitely on Friday. Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out a string of sickening assaults on four victims aged eight to 18 – three of whom ha
A TOY shop worker who "groomed" youngsters with learning difficulties for sex was jailed indefinitely on Friday.
Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out a string of sickening assaults on four victims aged eight to 18 - three of whom have learning disabilities.
Somerfield supermarket employee Johnson worked part-time at Smyths Toys in Chadwell Heath, and attended a children's karate club.
Judge Wendy Joseph QC told him: "You are a predatory paedophile who is prepared to work himself into situations where you have access to children."
She added: "You will never be released unless a parole board deem the public is safe from you."
Johnson must serve a minimum of seven and a half years inside before he can apply to a parole board.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Victim statements were read to the court in which it was revealed the youngest had attempted to take his own life after he was molested.
The boy, now aged nine, told Snaresbrook Crown Court via a live video link: "I was shouting for my mum."
Johnson's ex-girlfriend told the court he showed her no affection and used her as his "beard" of heterosexuality to prey on boys.
She later became suspicious of Johnson's interest in the youngsters and finished their sham relationship, she said.
Johnson denied abusing the boys, claiming he enjoyed innocent play fights with his victims.
He was convicted of six counts of sexual activity with a male, four counts of sexual assault, seven of sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder impeding choice, inciting a male child to engage in sexual activity and rape.
The judge passed a sexual offences prevention order, banning Johnson from being unaccompanied with boys under 18 and young people with mental disabilities. He is prevented from working in toy shops and family holiday resorts and was ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for life.