Tracy tees her way to victory
LADIES captain Tracy Lawrence was victorious at Ilford Golf Club s Ladies Medal and Ida Bunting Competition last Saturday. Lawrence won with a nett 62, playing off a 15 handicap and earned a two-shot cut to 13 for her endeavours. Maura Gallagher, fresh
LADIES captain Tracy Lawrence was victorious at Ilford Golf Club's Ladies Medal and Ida Bunting Competition last Saturday.
Lawrence won with a nett 62, playing off a 15 handicap and earned a two-shot cut to 13 for her endeavours.
Maura Gallagher, fresh from reaching the Fullers Cup Final with husband Jim, finished runner-up with a nett 66 playing off a handicap of 24.
Ilford's men's section played the Home Guard Cup last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Hagger, playing with a handicap of 20, won the competition with a nett 56 (nine-under par).
Hagger also had his handicap cut to 18 after the win, while Yasar Soyler took the Division One section with a nett 60 played off a handicap of 12.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
n WOODFORD Golf Club member Malcolm Smith won the Division One monthly medal after he registered the lowest gross score of 76 for a nett score of 69.
He finished one shot clear of Mike Hennessy (gross 83 off a 13 handicap), with Darrel James a further shot behind.
In Division Two, Paul Evans won his first medal with a nett 62 off his handicap of 28 (gross 90), four shots clear of Anthony Weaver's gross 88, nett 66.
The following day, James and Hennessy figured again as finalists in the Peace Challenge Cup for winners of division one medals in 2008
Both improved on their medal scores of the previous day, with James' nett 66 gaining him the trophy.
Mike Hennessy's nett 68 placed him second on countback.