Delays on the eastbound A13 after collision in Barking
- Credit: TfL
Drivers have been warned to expect delays on the A13 after a lorry shed fuel on the road.
Movers Lane underpass in Barking has closed following a collision with traffic on diversion.
Police were called at 4.11am on Thursday, February 11 to reports of a heavy goods vehicle having broken down on the A13 close to Movers Lane, Barking.
A Met spokesperson said: "The vehicle which was leaking diesel fuel has been recovered, however, the Movers Lane underpass remains closed while the fuel is cleared from the highway.
"Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is slow along the eastbound carriageway with queues past Beckton Roundabout, according to Transport for London (TfL).
The southbound A406 is also slow with queues back towards Redbridge Roundabout.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
A13 westbound traffic is slow too moving back past the Goresbrook Interchange.