Delays on the eastbound A13 after collision in Barking
- Credit: TfL
Drivers have been warned to expect delays on the A13 after a lorry shed fuel on the road.
Movers Lane underpass in Barking has closed following a collision with traffic on diversion.
Police were called at 4.11am on Thursday, February 11 to reports of a heavy goods vehicle having broken down on the A13 close to Movers Lane, Barking.
A Met spokesperson said: "The vehicle which was leaking diesel fuel has been recovered, however, the Movers Lane underpass remains closed while the fuel is cleared from the highway.
"Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is slow along the eastbound carriageway with queues past Beckton Roundabout, according to Transport for London (TfL).
The southbound A406 is also slow with queues back towards Redbridge Roundabout.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
A13 westbound traffic is slow too moving back past the Goresbrook Interchange.