Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- Credit: Transport for London
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car overturned on the A13.
Police were called at 11:33am today (Thursday, June 10) to reports a car had flipped over on the A13 at the Lodge Avenue flyover in Barking.
Officers attended and no serious injuries were reported.
The man was arrested on suspicion of driving while over the prescribed alcohol limit and taken into custody, according to a Metropolitan Police spokesperson.
He added that enquiries are ongoing.
Transport for London has warned motorists that traffic is slow on the approach with westbound tailbacks to Goresbrook and eastbound tailbacks beyond Beckton.
Drivers have been advised to use alternative routes and expect delays.
- 1 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL