Disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- Credit: Ken Mears
Here is a round-up of some of the disruptions across Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Redbridge that could delay your travel in the upcoming week, beginning July 12.
On the road
Colman Road in Canning Town will be closed until July 23 due to ongoing work by Thames Water.
Delays are likely on the Lower Lea Crossing, Canning Town, with a lane closed for work by BT Openreach.
Council roadworks on Abbey Road, Barking, will see one lane closed until September 26, with delays likely.
You may also want to watch:
Nearby London Road will also be closed until August 15.
In Newham, Forest Lane will be closed from the junction with Water Lane to the junction with Leytonstone Road, due to Crossrail complementary measures, public realm and interchange improvements.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
In Seven Kings, Benton Road will be closed until July 23 due to Redbridge council roadworks, which will also see part of High Road closed until July 14.
Traffic controls will be in place on Green Lane until the start of September due to works by Cadent gas.
On the railway
On Saturday, July 17, and Sunday, July 18, there will be no DLR service from Bank/Tower Gateway to Canary Wharf/Canning Town, or between Stratford and Canary Wharf.
On the Overground, there will be no service between Gospel Oak and Barking on Saturday and Sunday.
On the Underground, Saturday and Sunday will see no service between Tower Hill and Upminster on the District Line.
Replacement buses will be in operation for each of these services.
The Hammersmith and City Line will be closed entirely on Saturday and Sunday, with replacement buses in operation between Tower Hill and Barking.
Step free access will be unavailable until further notice at West Ham High Level station between the main ticket hall and overbridge for DLR, and between the upper concourse and platforms 5/6 (Jubilee Line).