Holiday travel: What to expect around Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Are you travelling around Havering, Redbridge or Barking and Dagenham next week?
Here are some possible disruptions which could affect your journey over the coming days - starting December 24.
On Christmas Eve, services on the DLR, London Overground, London Trams, London Underground and TfL will close earlier than usual and on Christmas Day there will be no service on the DLR, Overground, London Trams, the Underground and TfL Rail services.
On Boxing Day and December 27, some Overground services will be disrupted, including from Gospel Oak to Barking and Romford to Upminster.
Rail operators have also warned of widespread cancellations because of coronavirus-related staff shortages, which could affect people travelling out of London over the holidays.
A number of firms are running reduced timetables due to workers being off sick or isolating.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 8 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
Operators expecting disruptions this week include CrossCountry, Avanti West Coast, Greater Anglia, ScotRail, TransPennine Express and Govia Thameslink Railway - which includes services across the Southern, Thameslink and Great Northern networks.
Disruption is expected to continue until at least January 3.
Roadworks on Gubbins Lane, Upminister Road North and Collier Row Lane will end on Christmas Eve and planned works on Exchange street and The Battis will continue to cause disruption until the end of January.
Journeys on Cranbrook Road may be disrupted until January 4 due to traffic control.
Disruptions are also likely on Chudleigh Crescent until December 29.