Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Look no further for your guide to some of the disruptions that could delay your travels in Barking and Dagenham, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets in the upcoming week, beginning September 20.
ON THE ROAD
In Tower Hamlets, Transport for London (TfL) works will see a road closure in place in the Rotherhithe Tunnel between Wednesday, September 22 and Friday, September 24.
Commercial Road could also experience disruption between Wednesday and Friday as a lane closure will be facilitating Openreach works.
Shirley Road, Newham will be closed between Thursday, September 23 and Saturday, September 25, due to Thames Water works.
You may also want to watch:
Between Tuesday, September 21 and Thursday, September 23, Ilford Lane in Redbridge will have two-way signals in place.
These are due to works by Essex and Suffolk Water.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
Two-way signals will also be in place from Monday, September 20 on Aldersbrook Road.
This is due to Redbridge Council works running until early November.
TfL works will see a lane closure in Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for most of Tuesday as well.
Multi-way signals will remain in place in North Woolwich Road, Newham until the end of Monday for Thames Water works.
ON THE RAILS
Due to Network Rail doing engineering work in connection with the Barking Riverside Project, c2c services on the Rainham line will not run on Sunday, September 26.
Rail replacement buses will run between Upminster and Grays via Rainham instead.
Passengers travelling to or from Dagenham Dock can use TfL bus routes EL2 or 287.