Train services at Barking station delayed after ‘passenger taken ill’
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling through Barking train station tonight have been warned of severe rail disruption due to a passenger incident.
Several services on the c2c rail line have been terminated or altered while London Overground is experiencing severe delays between Gospel Oak and Barking.
c2c rail tweeted: “Due to a passenger being taken ill at Barking, alterations and some disruption is expected until 8pm.”
Angry commuters took to social media to vent their frustration after being warned they could face delays of up to two and a half hours.
@Diggerthedog1 wrote: “One passenger taken ill and two and half hour delays? Pathetic”
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police representatives have been contacted for comment.
More to follow.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Stephen Port: Victims' inquests delayed until autumn by Covid
- 3 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 4 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 5 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 6 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 7 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 8 Dagenham fall to heavy defeat at Eastleigh
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 10 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children