Daggers loan Wilkinson from Gillingham
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Essex club have added to options in attack by bringing in forward from Gills
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed forward Conor Wilkinson on loan from Sky Bet League One side Gillingham until January 7.
The 23-year-old adds to Daggers’ options in attack, with boss Peter Taylor already able to call on the likes of Tomi Adeloye, Shamir Mullings and Noel Leighton.
Wilkinson will add some height to the Victoria Road club’s attack, standing at over 1.9m tall.
The attacker began his professional career with Bolton Wanderers, for whom he played 17 times in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Wilkinson’s time with the Trotters also saw him sent out on loan to numerous occasions.
Those loans included a stint at Newport County in which Wilkinson netted a late equaliser on his debut against Daggers in January 2016 as the Exiles came from two goals down to draw.In the summer of 2017, Wilkinson left Bolton to join Gillingham for an undisclosed fee and has gone on to make 50 appearances in all competitions for the Gills, netting four goals.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers