Transport problems not solved by TV announcements
WEST HAM S transport problems have certainly not been abated by the news that their home games against Spurs and Liverpool in the first two months of the season have been chosen for live TV coverage by ESPN. The clash with Tottenham at Upton Park has been
WEST HAM'S transport problems have certainly not been abated by the news that their home games against Spurs and Liverpool in the first two months of the season have been chosen for live TV coverage by ESPN.
The clash with Tottenham at Upton Park has been moved to Sunday August 23 with a 1.30pm kick-off, but as with the original date, engineering works on the day means that Upton Park station will be closed and there will be no trains on the District and Hammersmith & City lines.
There is a similar story for the Liverpool game, which will still be played on Saturday, September 19, but will now kick-off at 5.15pm for live coverage on ESPN.
Once again, there are no trains to Upton Park that day.
You may also want to watch:
There are two other matches scheduled for live coverage, with West Ham's trip to Eastlands to play Craig Bellamy and his Manchester City team-mates pencilled in for Monday, September 28 with an 8pm kick off. Again this will be on ESPN.
The only SKY TV game that West Ham will appear in before the end of November, takes place at Upton Park on Sunday, October 25 when Arsenal are the visitors for a 4.15pm kick off.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
West Ham have also announced two kick-off changes in their schedules.
The trip to Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday, December 15 will not start at 8pm, while the Christmas clash against Spurs at White Hart Lane on December 28, will now begin at 1pm.